Twin Cities Assisted Living Inc.
Twin Cities Assisted Living Inc. is always looking for caring, compassionate individuals to join our team. Being a Twin Cities Assisted Living Personal Care Assistant allows you to provide individualized care for Vulnerable Adults.
A. Education and Experience
- Eighteen (18) years of age.
- Be able to provide covered PCA services according to the person’s PCA Care Plan.
B. Certificates, Licensure and Registration
- United States Citizenship or evidence of a valid Alien Work Permit.
- Position is subject to a Minnesota Department of Human Services background check.
- Certificate of Training for PCA from The Department of Human Services.
C. Language Skills
- Excellent client service and listening skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; able to effectively communicate with the client & Home Care Provide
- Ability to read and write clear English.
D. Mathematical Skills
- Ability to compute basic mathematics.
E. Reasoning Ability
- Demonstrate the ability to make appropriate professional judgments.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Able to and provide covered PCA services according to the client’s care plan, respond appropriately to client’s needs and reports changes in the client’s condition to the licensed supervising Case Manager.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
F. Physical and Environmental Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of these that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential job functions of this position. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, reasonable accommodations will be considered.
- Occasional use of hands, wrists and fingers and lifting or moving may be required.
- Movements such as stooping, crouching, bending, kneeling, climbing and reaching are occasionally required.
- This position requires spending a majority of the workday standing and walking, with occasional sitting.
- The Minnesota Department of Human Services is requiring that all PCAs complete an on-line standardized training in order to work as a PCA.
- PCAs will need the certificate of completion in order to be hired at Twin Cities Assisted Living Inc.
- PCAs can go on line and go through the study guide as many times as they would like in order to prepare them for the test.
- The test consists of 25 questions and you must succeed in answering at least 20 of them correctly. You can take the test as many times as needed to pass.
- To register for the test and review the materials you need to go to http://registrations.dhs.state.mn.us/videoConf/Default.aspx?BusinessUnitID=16
- To just view the study guide you can go to: http://registrations.dhs.state.mn.us/PCACourse/index_en.htm
If you print your certificate you can email or fax a copy into the office.
When you complete the test, you will be sent the certificate of completion by email. Therefore you must use a valid email address or use our email address set up for this purpose.
Please feel free to contact us at (612) 440-8001 with any questions.